Make Ready Service – a vital role in the work we do
Our Make Ready teams work around the clock, predominantly at night, to re-stock, re-fuel and clean ambulances at the end of a busy shift, so that ambulances are in perfect condition for the next shift.
The Make Ready teams work from 15 stations across London and play an essential role in the daily operations of the UK’s busiest emergency ambulance service.
Join our Vehicle Preparation Logistics team
You can join the team as a Vehicle Preparation Logistics Operative
At the heart of the Make Ready service is our Vehicle Preparation Logistics team and we currently have vacancies available across London.
By working in this team, you will support the delivery of excellent clinical care for patients by ensuring the right equipment is available at the right place, at the right time, for clinical staff to use when caring for patients.
You will work under the direction of the team leader or quartermaster, and be required to ensure that all vehicles are cleaned, restocked to standards and in the right location.
Frequently asked questions
Do you still have questions that you want to ask before applying? See a list of frequently asked questions for this role below.
How much will I get paid?
The role is paid on an hourly rate. The day rate is £11.95 per hour and the night rate £12.26 per hour.
Where will I work?
During interview, you will be asked for your preference in terms of location and, where possible, we will look to meet your preferences. This will be dependent on the current vacancies which vary by location.
The Make Ready service runs across London at various locations, each of which is also an ambulance station.
See below for a list of the ambulance stations our Make Ready team operate from.
West: Isleworth (TW7), Fulham (SW6)
North West: Brent (NW10), Hillingdon (UB8)
North Central: Camden (NW3), Edmonton (N18), Friern Barnet, Friern Barnet (N11)
North East: Ilford (IG3), Silvertown (E16), West Ham (E13)
South East: Barnehurst (DA7), Bromley (BR2), Deptford (SE14)
South West: St Helier (SM4), Wimbledon (SW19)
What would be my main responsibilities?
Under the direction of a team leader or quartermaster you will:
- Undertake internal and external cleaning of ambulances following protocols and using a range of equipment and chemicals.
- Check and restock the ambulance to ensure all equipment and consumables are present, replacing anything used or missing from the stores.
- Record that you have done this using a tick sheet which will be on an iPad and for which training will be provided. This also helps you ensure all areas of the ambulance have been checked.
- Move the ambulance to the required location for the clinical staff to use at the start of their shift. This role requires a C1 category on your licence.
As required you will also clean other vehicles and pick up and move equipment as directed and other relevant tasks as allocated to you.
View our latest Job Description and Personal Specification for this role.
What would my working patterns be?
Our current vacancies are for night shifts. Shift patterns are either…
- Thursday to Saturday, 23:00-09:00, and with three shifts a week equating to 27 hours per week.
- Or Sunday to Wednesday 2300-0900, four shift equating to 36hr/week
What qualifications do I need?
Required qualifications for this role include:
- Current UK Driving License full manual driving license (no more than 3 penalty points).
- C1 Category on your license which is valid within the UK
- Good standard of education including English and maths
For a full list of the knowledge, skills and qualifications required for this role, please see the Job Description and Personal Specification.
How do I apply?
Follow this link to apply on TRAC Jobs.