Service responds to storm-related incidents
The London Ambulance Service responded to a number of storm-related incidents this morning (28 October), including an explosion in which two people sadly died.
Staff were called just after 7.30am to the incident on Bath Road in Hounslow.
Four ambulance crews, two officers, a responder in a car and members of the Service’s hazardous area response team attended the scene.
Three patients were treated and taken to hospital, and the bodies of a man and a woman were recovered later in the day.
Other storm-related calls included:
• A tree fallen onto a van on Gunnersbury Avenue, W5 just before 6.40am. An ambulance crew and responder in a car attended the scene and treated a man in his 50s, who was conscious. He was complaining of back pain, and was immobilised using a board and neck collar before being taken to St Mary’s Hospital on blue lights.
• A man reported to be aged 26, who was hit by part of a falling tree near Clapton Common, E5 just before 6.50am. An ambulance crew and a responder in a car attended. The patient was conscious with neck and head pain was taken to the Royal London Hospital.
• A man reported to 29-years-old hit by a tree near the junction of Norwood Road and King Street in Ealing just before 6.45am. He was conscious and attended by an ambulance crew and a responder in a car and was treated for head, chest and foot injuries before being taken to Ealing Hospital.
• A man reported to be in his 70s treated for a head injury after a tree fell on a car on Church Hill, SW19 just after 6.50am. He was then taken to St George’s Hospital.
• A call just before 7am to be reports of a woman in her 40s with a leg injury caused by some falling scaffolding on West Green Road, N15.
She was treated and taken to North Middlesex Hospital.
– Ends –
Notes to editors:
For further information about the London Ambulance Service or this news release please contact the communications department on 020 7783 2286.
Look at our latest photos from around the Service at www.flickr.com/londonambulance