We employ more than 4,600 people, and everyone
has a role to play in keeping our service working for the benefit
of our patients.
We have more than 3,300 frontline staff based at our 70 ambulance
stations across the 620 square miles of the Greater London area,
and nearly 450 people work in our two control rooms in Waterloo and
Our support services departments also play a
vital role in our day-to-day work, from managing our finances and
keeping our IT systems working to recruiting new staff and keeping
And wherever you work in our organisation,
there are opportunities for you to develop your skills and progress
For all our staff, there is the job
satisfaction of knowing that what you do makes a difference.
We offer a range of other benefits as
- A minimum 27 days' holiday each year,
increasing with service.
- New NHS employees from April 2008 will be
eligible to join the Amended NHS Pension Scheme which provides
membership to a final salary scheme with pension linked to pay near
retirement. Other benefits include life assurance, dependent
benefits, voluntary early retirement, ill-health retirement
benefits and the option to increase retirement benefits.
- Access to a round-the-clock employee
- Personal and professional development and
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Access to occupational health and counselling
- Access to NHS discounts, offering NHS employees a range
of money-saving deals.
Find out more about the opportunities we have available: